The Future of the Nutricosmetics Market: An Opportunity for Beauty Brands 

Lately, the nutricosmetics market has been experiencing a big success, transforming the beauty industry as we know it. As consumers increasingly seek holistic approaches to beauty, the demand for products that support beauty from within is on the rise. This presents a golden opportunity for established beauty brands to diversify their portfolios and capitalize on this growing trend. 

Why Nutricosmetics? 

Nutricosmetics combines elements of both nutrition and cosmetics (also known as ‘beauty from within’, ‘edible beauty’, ‘ingestible beauty’, or ‘beauty supplements’). It is used to describe a category of products that are ingested orally (mostly supplements, but also functional beverages and food) and offer a holistic approach to improving and enhancing one’s beauty. Nutricosmetics products come in various forms, offering consumers different options such as solids/semi-solids (capsules, soft gels), powders, or liquids (i.e. shots) that are meant to be consumed directly or swallowed with water/another beverage.   

Addressing different external and internal beauty and health concerns from the inside out, this approach complements traditional topical skincare products by targeting beauty at a cellular level, providing comprehensive benefits that external applications alone cannot achieve. The fact is that the surface layer of skin, where most traditional skincare operates, makes up only 3% of the complete skin organ. Ingestible beauty products start in the body, at a cellular level, where the ingredients can penetrate the other 97% of the skin. This underscores the transformative potential of nutricosmetics in the beauty regimen. 

Check nutricosmetics brands that are currently on the global market.

Market Dynamics and Growth Potential 

Looking at the global cosmetics industry alone it is predicted to grow  4.2% (CAGR) from 2023 to 2030; while being valued at USD 262.21 billion in 2022. Supporting over 3 million jobs in Europe alone, the cosmetics and personal care industry generated total sales of €74.1 billion, with an expected annual value exceeding €100 billion by 2027. Within this expansive market, nutricosmetics represent a dynamic and rapidly expanding segment (source).  

In the last few years, the nutricosmetics market was (and still is experiencing) significant growth and evolution. While estimates regarding the nutricosmetics market size vary, more conservative projections place it at approximately USD 6.5 billion in 2022, with a projected growth of nearly USD 11.2 billion by 2030, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) exceeding 7% throughout the forecasted period, driven by consumer demand for efficacious and convenient solutions for skincare and beauty enhancement (10-steps beauty routines are passé as consumers are getting increasingly more educated and gained the “knowledge needed to pare down their routines to exactly what they need and no more in order to save time and money”) (source).

Let’s have a look at the wellness industry as well. The mentioned is growing at a breakneck pace of 5% to 10% per year and has already reached $480 billion, as seen in BeautyMatter article. Recently published report by The Global Wellness Institute (GWI), 2024 Wellness Real Estate: Market Growth (2019-2023) and Future Developments, presents the before mentioned sector as promising, with the United States being the largest global market in 2023. In 2019 the overall market was valued at $225.2 billion growing into $438.2 billion in 2023. Which proves that wellness is everywhere nowadays, and consumers of all ages look to improve their mental and physical health. 

Consumer Behavior and Retention 

Consumers today prefer buying multiple products from the same brand, seeking convenience and consistency in their beauty routines. By incorporating beauty supplements into their product range, brands can enhance customer retention. What sets the nutricosmetics industry apart from traditional beauty products is its distinct pattern of repeat purchases and higher retention rates. Nutricosmetics products are predominantly sold on a monthly replenishment basis. Consumers exhibit a greater reluctance to switch brands once they’ve established trust, seen tangible results, and developed a preference for a particular product form or taste. This loyalty translates into more frequent purchases and notably elevated retention rates compared to traditional beauty products.  

Is your brand ready for it? 

The future of the nutricosmetics market is bright, with significant opportunities for growth and innovation. Expanding a skincare brand portfolio with nutricosmetics, the brands can satisfy the evolving needs of today’s beauty and wellness-concerned consumers as well as drive sustained growth and customer loyalty.  

So, help your customers build beautiful habits and contact us today! 

Share via: